We don’t just witness the growth and development of Florida’s communities and industries—we actively participate in their missions. With another quarter behind us, we’re thrilled to share some of the exciting events we’ve been part of, strengthening relationships, and emphasizing our commitment to enhancing and enriching the fabric of the AEC industry and the communities we serve.
CHW Team Helping tranSForm Santa Fe College
The Santa Fe President’s Gala isn’t just an annual event—it’s a testament to the power of education and the transformative impact of community support. CHW was proud to sponsor this celebration that showcases the remarkable talent nurtured at Santa Fe College. Witnessing student performances under the direction of Melissa Brenner, Dance Theatre of Santa Fe Director, and On The Fly Productions, was a captivating experience. The theme for the evening, ‘tranSForm and Superheroes,’ echoed the college’s $12 million fundraising campaign.
In line with the theme, our CHW Surveying + Mapping field crew is acting as heroes on the Santa Fe College campus, collecting essential data that will lay the groundwork for the next phase of the SFC Teaching Zoo’s exciting initiative!
Supporting our Clients, Partners, + Community:
- The City of Alachua Great American Clean-Up: Members of Team CHW and their families stepped up as stewards of the environment in the nation’s largest volunteer community improvement program.
- Helping Hands Golf Tournament: CHW’s Civil Engineering and Surveying + Mapping teams headed to the course to support this key fundraising event as Silver Sponsors for Helping Hands, a nonprofit charity in Ocala/Marion County that assists the homeless and people in difficult situations.
- Oakmont .4K Slacker Run + Marion Co Run for the Springs: CHW’s team members braved the heat to lend their support to local charities in Gainesville and Ocala.
- Newberry Chamber WestFest: Embracing Newberry’s unique charm and hometown appeal, CHW proudly sponsored the annual Newberry WestFest Music Festival. This free community-oriented event offered an impressive musical line-up and was designed as a way to “give back” to the community.
- GRU Brighter Tomorrow Scholarship Program: CHW supports this impactful scholarship initiative devoted to making engineering degrees at the University of Florida more accessible to deserving, financially disadvantaged high school students in the Gainesville area.
Keeping up with the Industry:
- NEFBA Government Affairs Clay Shoot: Our Survey + Mapping and Ecological Services teams joined forces with other groups in Jacksonville at this exciting event supporting NEFBA.
- ULI Summer Social + Membership Drive: As a sponsor and active participant, CHW relished the opportunity to network and share insights with ULI members (new and old).
- ULI Content + Cocktails: CHW joined this inspiring gathering, learning from local leaders like Patric Young, a former University of Florida basketball player turned ESPN analyst.
- MCBIA Construction Junction: CHW networked with local members of commerce at this event organized by the Marion County Building Industry Association.
- FACERS Annual Meeting at the FAC Conference: Members of our Transportation Engineering and Business Development teams enriched their industry knowledge and formed valuable connections with county engineers and roadway supervisors as Gold Sponsors at this two-day meeting.
CHW’s culture is rooted in active community engagement and stewardship. As we reflect on the past quarter, we celebrate not just the events we’ve attended, but the relationships we’ve built and the positive impacts we’ve made. Thank you to the organizations, partners, friends, and communities we’ve had the honor to work with and support. Thank you for making us a part of your mission, and for being an integral part of ours!